Sunday, February 8, 2009

No to counseling

She refuses to go see a marriage counselor. She sees it as someone I'm hiring to take my side against her. Even after I explained to her that a marriage counselor does not take sides and will listen to both sides, no dice. She refuses to admit that her angry rages on me and in front of our son is unacceptable behavior. I tried to explain to her that if I did to her what she did to me last weekend, I could be put in jail for it. Nope, not her fault, she blames me for doing things to make her angry. OK, I owned up to that, I've done things to make her angry. But the way you express your anger is unacceptable. Nope, I made her angry. If she had stabbed me with a knife and she tells the judge that I made her do it cuz I made her angry, I pretty sure she will not be found innocent. Well, unless of course she had the dream team like OJ had. But I heard that he's getting his just dessert finally. And if she is to change her behavior then I have to change mine she says. I guess I will have to start doing things like buying a house right away to not make her angry anymore. Don't think so.

I am not happy as I write all this. I was well prepared to stick it out and stay in a loveless marriage. But not if she doesn't get some professional help first. I've got no other choice. So we both agreed that we will get a divorce. I expect she'll do everything in her power to get the best of me in the settlement because she has a very vengeful streak in her. For starters I'm sure she wants to get even with me for wasting nine years of her life not living in house that we owned.

4 comments:

  1. My gfriend wants to get even with me for wasting 7 years of her life, luckily for me I won't buy her a ring or live with her, and she can't get even with me. Yeah, she wanted to move in together and buy a really, really nice house, still does, money is no object, they are all the same in that regard. By the time the lions share of payments are made your about to hit your grave and she's good to go. Instead I bought a cheaper house that was possible for me to build equity and I'm doing fine anyways, of course it's not good enough for her, nothing ever is when it comes to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of a hard thing to learn from an anonymous internet commenter, but you're screwed! Start squirreling away money right away (possibly in cash) because you're gonna need it if you don't want to be living in your car in a couple of months after the divorce and restraining orders are posted against YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're getting hosed. Women. They're so sweet at first but you never know how things turn out. I had an ex-gf turn vengeful on me because she felt guilty for cheating on me. Wow, the logic in that huh?

    Anyway, ditch the b*tch and run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been exactly where you are now.

    My ex divorced me because I would not buy her a bigger house (among other things) until she agreed to work on the marriage and go to marriage counseling.

    She refused. Claimed abuse against me and filed legal documents.

    All fabricated of course but you will find the truth does not matter in court.

    If you are a man you are guilty, a woman, innocent.

    The extent of her lies, delusions, and violence surprised me but remember..in this society women can kill a man and get away with a slap on the wrist. They also can accuse you of any outrageous thing and are likely to be believed.

    Today, I am rid of her. The last time I saw her was after the divorce and she was crying and I was smiling from ear to ear.

    I have a great life now.

    I even had a good life during the divorce because I no longer had to see my ex except in court.

    Your life will get better when you remove this parasite from your life.

    ReplyDelete